Pumpkin spice, anyone? No? Alrighty then…
Behind the Curtain
We dropped the ball with an update last week. Sorry about that. Hopefully this week’s highlights make up for it.
The stork is nearing. There will soon be a little forager in our midst! We’ve planned for the first item in this set to release around the time of our baby girl’s birth… so it can happen at any time now (38w, 3d). Here’s a teaser for what you can expect in this set. Enjoy!
Big Riggin’ set is finally complete, along with all of the hidden Uniques! We weren’t kidding when we said ‘There’s more than meets the eye.’ Luckily for y’all, there are currently no more hidden Unique Items with this set. Take a breather, you’ve earned it.
We’ve found some real interesting things in our pockets… can anyone relate with us? I definitely have some lint in my pockets. Don’t forget to post your predictions for this set in JenBee997’s forum post.
Let’s talk Mixerpool. We’ve gotten to a point with our Mixerpool where we have twice as many items to distribute between #1-999 than we do between #1000 and #1999. With this being the case, it makes ‘shiny mixers’ even more unbalanced over WallaBee Mixers, based on their ratios. Over the coming weeks, we hope to give the Mixerpool some much-needed attention, to provide the community with the best mixing experience. We will also attempt to update the pool at more random times, so other timezones have a chance to empty the pool (The last pool refill only lasted a few hours, thanks to ‘shiny mixers,’ so certain timezones were negatively affected). Thank you for your patience as we help balance this part of the game.
With golden items easily obtainable, creating a surplus of Golden Mixers was way too simple. This was never our intention with allowing Midas items to create Golden Mixers, so we are pulling back a bit of how frequently Midas items are obtain. We apologize that our negligence with leaving this unchecked for this long. We have adjusted where golden items can be found to help with this attempt to help balance things. Items change where they’re found every now and then, and golden items are no exception. All Midas items can be found by opening a Safe (forged from Orange and Pink locations) or available in the WallaStore.
EDIT: The Carnival of Curiosities has been released as a series on NeonMob! Check it out!
This week marks 3 years of WallaBee’s shutdown announcement. Let’s take a moment of silence to remember the bullet we dodged.
Recent Item Highlights
Player Unique Spotlight
With more and more Player Uniques coming out, we want to spend a respectable amount of time learning more about them. Our Player Unique Spotlight this week highlighted Floempies 4 Life. You can read more about this unique here.
Floempies 4 Life
Room For Growth
We have compiled a list of issues that we are currently working on. If you find something that doesn’t fit into this list, please reach out to us and let us know.
- Battery drains like crazy
- Under investigation.
- Forum Notifications/Count are missing
- Coming in a future update.
- General slowness
- Under investigation. Ram Issue.
- Layout Issue (Android Specific) – Entering the app through a push notification, from a landscape-based app, makes the layout freakout.
- Mix Button Turns Off When Exiting App
- Fixed with next version. Can be worked around now by pulling-to-refresh on the Pouch screen.
- Profile Bio Is Blank
- If you view the editing screen for your profile in settings and don’t update the text, hitting Done will save a blank page. Please keep a backup of your profile text, just in case this happens. If you don’t plan on editing your profile, don’t view it through settings. You can see how your profile looks by tapping your profile picture on your activity.
- Random Crashes (especially on older devices)
- We have discovered that the ram needed for the app fluctuates way more than it should, sometimes peaking over 1gb, which can cause older devices to crash. We are investigating what is causing this, so that we can enhance app performance.
- Store purchases hang up for a long time
- We’re currently working on this. Should be mostly resolved with our continuing changes.
- Store shows new item, but gives something else
- Under investigation. Usually happens when the app hasn’t been closed.
- Unresponsive Buttons – Performing certain navigation changes can cause various pages to become unresponsive. Closing the app resolves the issue.
- Fixed with next version.
Any additional questions, comments, concerns? Email: email@example.com