Weekly Buzz 03/30/18
Flowers are in bloom, kids are hunting for Easter Eggs, and WallaBee is ready for some light pranking.
Behind the Curtain
We’ve upgraded our online store! The new store can be found at https://store.freezetag.com/collections/wallabee. At the moment, WallaPak is unavailable while we make some adjustments with the new store. It will be back next week.
Testing has begun on some new market mechanics that will allow for easier store stalking. More information to be highlighted soon.
We love to hear from the community! Do you have self-proclaimed awesome ideas about what would make the game awesome? Feel free to send us an email and let us know. You never know what item may become openable (or which items will become ‘joust-able’), all because of a simply suggestion. Want Blue Eggs to open and give Rickrolls? How about ‘jousting’ a 25c Coin with Skee-ball to get either Arcade Annihilation or 1000 Tickets? There’s endless combinations and we want to hear from you!
The monstrous set that we spoke about last week is no longer going to happen. Sorry if we got anyone’s hopes up.
Recent Item Highlights
Player Unique Spotlight
With more and more Player Uniques coming out, we want to spend a respectable amount of time learning more about them. This week’s Player Unique Spotlight highlighted The Traveller. You can read more about this unique here.
This Week In WallaBee History | March 26th – April 1st
March 30th, 2013: The Easter Box was made available by mixing all of the eggs in Eggception together. Fun fact, the Easter Box wasn’t able to be opened until the following Easter, when Bunny Scissors were released.
March 31st, 2012: Jester bounced onto the scene as the first item in Why So Serious?. The whole set released a day before April Fools. Talk about a prank…
April 1st, 2014: We Had Something For This was released, as well as a secret set referencing 50 shades of grey. It was literally 53 shades of grey. Unfortunately, these items were only jokes, not a one day, 53 item release. Bummer.
April 1st, 2015: Why So Serious?, 2nd Ed. was released, with the same exact artwork as the first Why So Serious? set. The set was created to poke fun at how another collecting game creates new content. Shots fired.
April 1st, 2016: Following with the previous year’s joke, Eggception, 2nd Ed. was released, but this time with ‘new’ artwork. Eggception eggs, with eyes borrowed from the Crazy Chicks set icon, gives you this lovely April Fools set. Various other Unique items released on this day, including our office favorite.
April 1st, 2017: We saw the internet blow up as we recreated various memes with WallaBee characters. You can find these items in Ain’t Nobody Got Time For This Set.
Room For Growth
We have compiled a list of issues that we are currently working on. If you find something that doesn’t fit into this list, please reach out to us and let us know.
- Battery drains like crazy
- Under investigation.
- Forum Notifications/Count are missing
- Coming in a future update.
- General slowness
- Under investigation. Ram Issue.
- Item View Crash – Go to pouch, Tap / open item, Tap menu, App crashes
- Fix available in next update.
- Layout Issue (Android Specific) – Entering the app through a push notification, from a landscape-based app, makes the layout freakout.
- Performing an action that triggers a pop up sometimes ‘freezes,’ which needs a hard close to fix
- Currently being sorted out.
- Places List – Bottom of row doesn’t register input.
- Fix available in next update.
- Random Crashes (especially on older devices)
- We have discovered that the ram needed for the app fluctuates way more than it should, sometimes peaking over 1gb, which can cause older devices to crash. We are investigating what is causing this, so that we can enhance app performance.
- Sets Page always shows ‘try again’ before loading view
- Fixed in the next update. For now, you can avoid this by viewing your Pouch before looking at the Sets page.
- Store Item and Icon don’t match during drop
- Under investigation. At the moment, there is a chance that the previous item image will linger, even though the item has updated to the next one in line (viewable by the honeycomb price and set icon).
- Store purchases hang up for a long time
- Under investigation. We’re so sorry for those effected by this issue… which should be everyone during a drop. Other times, it runs like a champ.
Should you have any questions, please let us know by emailing Support@WallaBeeGame.com