It’s time for another Weekly Buzz update. We hope that you are enjoying this new content, as we dive a little behind the scenes with many areas of the app. If you have a suggestion of a topic you would like covered, be sure to let us know.
As we mentioned last week, we added some much needed improvements to the app in update 2.2.1. We are updating some code in the app so that we can better track analytics. Along with feedback from the community, this will help our team make more educated decisions when implementing updates and gameplay changes.
Questions have arisen about Mystery Boxes being available soon. The answer to that is… yes! We have some fun things planned for you guys. Stay tuned for next week’s blog post(s).
We’ve updated some code to better help our collectors experiment with Aftershave and Perfume.
There was a minor oversight with the Legacy Achievement, which was awarding players that began playing after May 1st. We have corrected this oversight and set better parameters so that only Version 1 players should have this achievement.
Our dev team is also looking into Forum Notification updates. We appreciate your patience as we dive into this, as the format of the forums has changed since V1. We’re doing this for you guys… and our sanity.
Recent Item Highlights
While we’ve been making sure that purchasing items from the store works to the best of its current abilities, we haven’t seen too many items this week. Now that we’ve begun getting the gears turning in the right direction, hold onto your seats! New items should be releasing more regularly very soon.
Budget Wonder #116: “Bathurst’s main attraction is quite delicious”
Marked as the top attraction in Bathurst, South Africa, this giant pineapple sits at almost 56 feet tall. Honeycomb-like shapes can be seen from the walls of the giant structure, which fits well into a WallaBee item. The set icon for Budget Wonders was created with this location in mind, as we knew it would be the hardest location for Benson to reach – definitely a feat worth recognizing.
“Holy cow! How’d she get up there?” All Ray could do was stand and stare.
We continue to follow the storyline of a small town on the outskirts of WallaVille; a place that has been having strange occurrences. So far in the story, we know is that there have been missing livestock, power outages, and some strange, glowing goo… but something lurks just beyond the horizon. The townsfolk better keep one eye open tonight.
Player Unique History
With more and more Player Uniques coming out, we want to spend a respectable amount of time learning more about them. This week’s Player Unique Spotlight highlighted The Municher. You can read more about this unique here.
This Week In WallaBee History
November 13th, 2013: Snake Charmer was released to lead off the beginning to Journey To The Pyramids.
November 17th, 2014 and November 18th, 2016: WallaBee released updates to better handle push notifications. V1.4.3 launched to help players who were not receiving push notifications, while V1.6 reinstated them back into the game from almost a year hiatus.
November 18th, 2014: Andrew Cameron’s Red Riding Hood released with, you guessed it, Red Hood.
Room For Growth
We have compiled a list of issues that we are currently working on. If you find something that doesn’t fit into this list, please reach out to us and let us know.
- Spinning Wheel of Death! Crashes! Ugggh! – This should be mostly fixed by now. Please let us know if you experience bad item releases.
- Battery drains like crazy – This is something I have personally been testing, and the cause is not the GPS like one might think. Yes, it’s a contributing factor, but it’s actually the store. Testing a version of the app without the store allowed me to keep my battery for MUCH longer than normal. We’re working out a proper fix for this.
- Forum Notifications/Count are missing – Coming in a future update.
- Lingering spinning wheels on item purchase -This should be mostly fixed by now. Please let us know if you experience bad item releases.
- Some notifications (like comments) show as read when they haven’t been read – We are working on this fix.
- Items showing as duplicated in pouch/place – This should be fixed now!
- Performing an action that triggers a pop up sometimes ‘freezes,’ which needs a hard close to fix – This is a React Native issue that we’re trying to work around. You can follow the dev gossip here.
- Market Items sometimes not available – This deals with a very rare situation where an item is removed from the market, but the listing is not updated. We are researching what’s causing this.
- General slowness – Because the app runs completely off of an API, connection to WiFi or data is extremely important. If your coverage dips, your connection will also dip. This doesn’t explain every situation, but needs to be addressed. We are currently working on speeding the app up in various areas. You will notice that the forums perform MUCH faster than before. Our goal is to cut the slow, and speed it up, bro.
This is a section of the blog where we will highlight any funny images or videos from the community. These may appear through links in the forums, on Facebook, guides on YouTube, or other sites.
Our second image comes from Benson’s first stop – the Traffic Light Tree – compliments of Colin. Way to add that extra step and take a selfie like Benson! Major kudos!
If you think someone’s content (or your own) is worthy of being highlighted, you can suggest by emailing support or tagging it with #WallaCommunity.
Any additional questions, comments, concerns? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org